Saturday, October 22, 2011

Psalm 46:10

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

In the past year, I have been battling anxiety. I have physical reactions that are often overwhelming. Recently, Psalm 46:10 became very powerful to me. In the midst of an anxious situation where my heart began accelerating and my breathing became rapid, I actually spoke to my body:

Be still, heart, and know that He is God.

Be still, lungs, and know that He is God.

Be still, racing thoughts, and know that He is God.

Be still.

He is God.

Praise God for healing, one step at a time, as His Word takes hold in every part of my being.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Brooke, This Psalm just took on a new meaning : )

    So glad that God's word is able to calm your body (and mind) in such a way. Healing IS one step at a time sometimes, and He WILL be with you throughout the process.

    You are continually in my prayers.

    Love, Aunt Rene

    ReplyDelete