Saturday, October 22, 2011

If, When, and Because

Running time is my new quiet time with God. Instead of sitting in a chair to pray, I find that I feel close to Him when I run. I feel like I can bring anything up without fear of offending Him. My body feels a release through working hard physically and my mind and emotions let go with the cold wind and quiet that comes from no headphones, cell phone, or to do list.

On a run last week, I was thinking through some things that I see as obstacles in my life. I wondered what God would have to say about them. I began to try my theories out by speaking them aloud. I started with, "If God is with me, then [demolition of current hardship]." But, that didn't ring true with my spirit. Something was off.

I tried a different angle. "WHEN God is with me, then [WWIII blasts my problems]." Hmmm...still not right. This was feeling like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I needed to try again.

"BECAUSE God is with me, then [total annihilation of all badness everywhere]." YES! That was it! God is not my IF, nor is He my WHEN. God is my BECAUSE. His presence is not in question. The fruit of His presence is mine for the taking. Thank You, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment