Thursday, June 25, 2009

According to Your Faith...

"According to your faith it will be done to you." - Matt. 9:29

This morning I was reading and thinking about how faith plays out in life. I'm wrestling with this, and I'd love it if others would join me. I associate faith with positive things. I believe in J's ability and plan to work all things for His glory, no matter how impossible it may seem to my human brain. This morning's new reflection is that what I believe can work against me.

I am nervous about going to training in Colorado and Beijing because I believe I'll be sad to be apart from my family and friends and it will be difficult to make new friends. Could it be true that if I have faith in those negative ideas, they will happen?

Regardless of what happens, He works things for good (Romans 8:28). I may be lonely initially, but He speaks through loneliness and that's worth celebrating. I may feel unsettled without familiar things, but He draws people to His peace through unsettling situations, and that's awesome.

Even in light of His ability to bless in any situation, what's the point of expecting things to work out badly? As a means of testing this idea, I'm going to look for amazing circumstances throughout the month of training/classes in Fort Collins and Beijing.

Here's what I expect:
- to meet people that I not only get along with, but can connect with deeply
- to learn things that will sharpen my teaching skills
- to have peace instead of homesickness

1 comment:

  1. I believe you have a long list of friends you've made from your prior teaching trips, so I can only imagine how many NEW friends you're going to wind up with this time!! People are drawn to your beautiful smile and even more beautiful personality!

    ReplyDelete