Monday, November 18, 2013

Grace Perspectives ..... INTRO

Ephesians 2:8-10

The Message (MSG)
     Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It’s God’s gift from start to finish! We don’t play the major role. If we did, we’d probably go around bragging that we’d done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.


      God's grace is so wonderful to me, and yet so very mysterious.  I want to let go, and fall back into my Savior's waiting arms.  To cease striving, to extend the favor I've received to others.  I'm trying to understand grace more deeply, while at the same time, not over-thinking it.  There's a time for mental wrestling and there's a time to just say, "Dang, I am a chronic messed up girl and God loves me enough to have His Son die.  That's amazing."

     I have dear friends in many corners of the world.  I thought it would be great to use this little blog to think more about grace, and to let more people know how to pray for the people my friends are serving.  I asked everyone the same three questions:

1.  What does grace mean to you and how has it shown up in your life as a married couple or single person?

2.  What are you learning about God or from God in this season of life?

3.  How can people pray for the community you serve?



     I hope you are blessed by these perspectives and are encouraged to pray 
for God's people all over the world.



Photo Credit:  My brother's dog, Henry, photographed by Dana Pleasant

No comments:

Post a Comment