Sunday, December 1, 2013

Grace Perspectives ..... Morgan in Asia


My dear friend Morgan is serving the Tai Lue people in Asia.  I met her on a prayer trip in Laos almost four years ago.  It was just the two of us on the trip - she was leading me as part of the group she serves with - and we discovered that we were actually both from the Seattle area and had mutual friends!  She is devoted to God's call on her life and genuinely cares for the Tai Lue.  Here are Morgan's thoughts on grace.  I hope you find encouragement here.



I'm learning about trusting God when things don't turn out the way you hope (serving without teammates with me), believing in His goodness and faithfulness to His promises (that HE is with me! and that He will exalted among all nations and He has given us power to be His witnesses and that He will complete the good work He started in me). That my life and peace is from knowing Him, not based on whether I lead people to the Lord, whether I am married, whether I am healthy, or whether I look great. Really my peace, security, acceptance and love are in Christ."you have been given fullness (completeness) in Christ" Col. 2:10  Knowing this frees me up from myself and my issues so I can just praise Him, love Him.

God's grace, His undeserved gift is astounding to me. That through Christ's sacrifice He reconciled me to Himself, giving me the greatest gift- Himself is incredible. Recently, I've been thinking how His Spirit helping me change to be more like Him, help me know Him more, and work with Him to help others come to know Him is all His grace. Being able to live where I do and share the Gospel of grace with people who have never heard it is such a gift!

Thank you for praying for the Tai Lue people who live in China, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Thailand and the USA! Please cry out to Father that Tai Lue people's hearts will be opened and softened. Pray that they will turn from their idols to serve the Living God and wait for His Son from heaven.
May God will make his light shine in their heart to give them the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ (2Cor.4:6).





No comments:

Post a Comment