Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Found

A few weeks ago, at my Thursday night home group, my friend Megan led us in a poetry exercise.  She called it a found poem.  Books and Bibles were scattered on the coffee table, and we were to choose phrases or words that jumped out at us, and create a poem.  I really enjoyed hearing the poems others created and I'm looking forward to doing this again on my own.  Here is my first attempt at a found poem, patched together with bits from Mother Teresa, The Shack, the Bible, and author AW Tozer.




Called truth,
Every waking minute,
Landscape of human ideas,
Unyielding images,
A spool of thread and a couple needles.
Exhaling slowly,
Done being afraid,
Light filtering in broken windows,
Your suffering is a great means of love.
Seek life by dying,
Wake up and pray.
From the moment a soul has the grace to know God,
She must seek.

I am Love, 
and 
there 
is 
No darkness in Me.

photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment