Saturday, November 24, 2012

I Guess I'm Goin'



My friend looked in the rear view mirror at her three year old son strapped in his carseat.
Camouflage rubber boots dangled and kicked lightly against the seat’s edge,
Seth looked thoughtfully out the window.

“Mom, is God in the sky?”

“No.”

“Is He in the trees?”

“Nope!”

“Can we see God?”

“No, we can’t.”

“Why can we not see God?”

“Because only people in heaven can see God.”

“I want to go to heaven.”

“You have to have Jesus in your heart.”



Without a prompt, Seth closed his eyes and asked,
“Will You please come into my heart please?”


His bright blue eyes opened and he looked at his Mom with a smile,
“Well, I guess I’m goin’!”



When I visited recently, Seth told me that Jesus was in his heart now.  Then he pointed at his Mom, himself, and me in turn, saying, “You’re goin’….and you’re goin’…..and you’re goin’!”  Praise God that it’s as simple as that. 



Romans 10:9  
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, 
you will be saved.





photo credit
photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment