Sunday, September 2, 2012

Singing A New Song

Today, I felt like a yo-yo between hope and sadness; pressing on and giving up. God was mighty in the battle and led me through some powerful work on places where I doubt Him. I usually walk home from a meeting I go to on Sunday nights, and I like to sing worship songs as I walk. So tonight, I was puffing my way up a steep hill, singing away. I’ve been really liking this song and I sang it again and again.


I felt God say, “Sing me a new song, Brooke.”

“Okay, Lord. About what?”

“Sing me a new song about what I did today.”


I sang away. It was so great. I couldn’t help but laugh and smile, as each verse roughly came together based on the beautiful goodness He accomplished. Here’s a small taste:


Oh sweet God, You are so good. You had good plans for today.
You gave me hugs at church and empowered me to talk to new people.
And I will sing……sing a new song! I will sing….sing a new song!

I can’t believe how good blackberries and nectarines taste together. That was such a good gift.
When I felt waves of emotion coming, You told me who You are.
Your peace replaced my turmoil! Your power inhabited my weakness! Praise Your Name, sweet God!
And I will sing…sing a new song! I will sing because your plans aren’t over yet.
I will sing…..because it’s only 6:30 and there’s more goodness to come from You!



What new song would you be willing to sing to God today? He is so blessed by our praise!

Psalm 40:1 - 3
I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.


Photo Credit: CarbonNYC

No comments:

Post a Comment