Saturday, September 12, 2009

9-12-09

Today was a gorgeous Saturday. My friend Kimber and I agreed that it was the perfect day for exploring. We took a bus to Yuyuantan, a nearby park that neither of us had visited before. We got hungry and while we were looking for a place to eat, a man roasting chestnuts on the back of his bicycle tried to sell us some. I'd never eaten one before, so he gave us a free taste. He was pretty funny - I hope the photo captures some of his joi de vivre. I took some pictures and videos (too big to post now, maybe will come later!) of my neighborhood so you can get a feel for daily life. I'll try again later and I'll walk more slowly, but these are a start. I love how life is shared out on the streets here. China is such an awesome place.

Chestnut roaster:


Street haircut:

No comments:

Post a Comment