Tuesday, July 21, 2009

You Will Be Led Forth in Peace

Early Monday morning, my parents drove me to the airport and we said goodbye. In the previous days, I'd asked Him for a peaceful departure so I reminded myself to watch for how He'd provide peace. I cried a little as I shuffled into the security line, then came Peace Provision A: Tarl. Tarl was in front of me in line and turned back to make general conversation, "So, is it early enough for you?" When he looked taken aback, I briefly explained my tears, then encouraged him to distract me with a story. He told me about his work travels and we connected over our dedication to nine hours of sleep per night. The chatter was a blessing.

Later, on the plane, I had a great discussion with the woman next to me and then slept the rest of the way. Stepping into the Denver airport brought a rush of loneliness. I reminded myself that I am never alone and walked to the place where my organization would meet me. A friend I'd known in China was there and we chatted all the way to the training campus. Peace Provision B - check! The tears have not returned even once and it has been an awesome privilege to meet so many new people with wonderful stories of how they came this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment